ParetoLogic Software offers two antispyware products: the XoftspySE download and ParetoLogic Anti-Spyware. Both offer deep scanning technology based on one of the industry’s largest databases as well as numerous features. So how do you tell which one is right for you? First, compare the features and see which product fits best with your needs.
Common Features Shared by Anti-Virus and XoftspySE
Because XoftspySE and Anti-Spyware products are from the same software family, they share many features in common. Both products offer:
- Multiple levels of scanning (Full, Quick, and Custom)
- Deep scanning technology
- The ability to detect and remove multiple categories of spyware including adware, Trojans, pop-up generators, keyloggers, hijackers, spyware, and more
- Regular program feature updates
- Automatic spyware definition updates
- Automatic scan scheduling
- Full backup and restore
- Free tech support
Unique Features of the XoftspySE Download
The XoftspySE software adds additional features not found in Anti-Spyware including:
- Fast scan times
- “Next generation” scanner, malware detection, and malware removal engine
- The ability to choose which type of scan (Full, Quick, or Custom) when scheduling scans
- Supports Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), and Windows 7(32-bit and 64-bit)
Features Anti-Virus Offers that the XoftspySE Download Lacks
- Real time protection – While the XoftspySE product has more features than its sibling, Anti-Virus, one option offered by Anti-Virus that the XoftspySE download lacks is real-time protection. Real-time protection involves constantly monitoring connections and conditions for the presence of malware or suspicious behaviors. However, despite being incredibly useful at blocking spyware before it has a chance to enter the system, some computer users balk at the idea of constant monitoring – and a constantly running engine that may interfere with performance.
- Supports Windows 2000 32-bit and Windows XP 32-bit
For those who prefer to control spyware through regular scans rather than continuous monitoring, the XoftspySE download may be the preferred choice. With its automatic scheduling and the ability to schedule Full, Quick, and Custom scans, this option can provide a solid compromise for those who prioritize performance. Consider scheduling Full scans to occur in the early morning and again late at night, preferably at times when you’re not using the computer, and then supplementing with Quick scans throughout the day.
For those who prefer real-time protection, Anti-Spyware provides it while the XoftspySE software does not.
No matter which features are most important to you, your options may be limited by your operating system. If you are running Windows Vista, Windows 7, or the 64-bit version of either Windows XP or Windows 2000, your computer is capable of running the XoftSpySE product but not capable of running Anti-Spyware.